EU Orchards of Taste – 101015762” is an AGRI-MULTI information project under the Regulation (EU) 1144/2014 of the European Parliament and the topic: Multi-C-2020 for information and promotion of fresh fruits in third countries (Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and South Korea).
The action concerns a basket of fresh fruits, specifically: kiwi, cherry, sour cherry, blueberries, apples, plums, peach, apricot and grapes.
The consortium is consisted by:
- Agios Loukas Agricultural Cooperation Rachi Pieria & O.P. from Greece – Coordinator
- Agrotikos Sinetairismos Sparagoparagogon Nestou from Greece – Partner
- Asociatia Organizatia Interprofesionala Nationala PRODCOM Legume Fructe from Romania – Partner
During the submission of the project, in June 2020, the stakeholders discussed and decided the objectives of the program, which align with the Reg (EU) 1144/2014:
- To expand the existing network of sales of the Greek products under promotion in the target countries.
- To create new channels and networks for the Romanian products under promotion in the target countries.
- To strengthen the economic transactions.
- To build the awareness of the products under promotion in the target countries.
- To build trust and confidence for the EU fresh fruits.
- To promote the quality of the fresh fruits in the target countries;
- To increase the demand of safety-oriented and healthy-oriented food.
- To better understand the diversification of the consumers’ needs and the creation of the market they are expecting.
- To promote the consumption of the healthy-oriented food to the elderly people, since the healthy lifestyle is increasing.
The overall goal of the project is twofold:
For the target countries: to build their confidence and trust for the EU fresh fruits
For the participating countries (Greece and Romania):
To enhance their productivity
The added value
The agricultural income
The preservation of employment of the sector
To contribute to the national economic growth and to fight poverty.